Pioneer Golf, Inc (“PG”) is committed to providing privacy protection for its clients. What follows is designed to assist your understanding of how we collect, use, and safeguard information you provide to us.
Information We Collect
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you. Examples are, anonymous usage data; general demographic information we may collect; referring/exit pages and URLs; platform types; preferences that are generated based on the data you submit, and the number of clicks. An example of Personal Information would be your email address which you submit to us through the registration process on the Site.
- Information Collected Via Technology – We track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use our Site. Examples are, the website you come from (known as the “referring URL”); the type of browser you use; the device from which you connected to our website; the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files that include an anonymous unique identifier. The company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Information You Give to us about Others in your Party – If you’re booking with others or for someone else, you will have to give us their information as well, for example their name and date of birth. It is your responsibility to ensure that they are aware that you have done so, and also that they accept how we use and process their information as well as yours.
How We Use and Share Information
- Non-Personal Information – In general, we use Non-Personal Information to assist us to improve our service. We also use Non-Personal Information to track trends and analyze use patterns on our website. We reserve the right to use and disclose such Non-Personal Information to our partners, advertisers, and third parties at our discretion.
We sometimes use your data to enable us to show you the most relevant products and services we think you’ll be interested in, such as the best deals and special offers for destinations you like or have been to previously. Where you make a booking, or in any other case, if you have opted-in or signed-up, we may contact you with information about other products and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we think may interest you based on your personal information. Don’t worry, you can opt-out of these emails at any time.
Sometimes we might use your data to help us improve the quality and functionality of our services. This could include eliminating bugs in our system, data analysis, testing, and for statistical and survey purposes, all of which helps us improve the service we offer.
We may use your data as part of the efforts to keep our sites (and the information you provide to us) safe and secure and to prevent fraud or unauthorized access/use of our sites.
We may use your personal information in order to prevent, detect, or defend any claims/actions we believe to be potentially fraudulent or detrimental to our legitimate interests.
We might need to use your information in relation to any legal disputes, regulatory, compliance or criminal investigations, or if necessary, to enforce our rights.
In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
When we process your information as described above, we will be relying on one or more of the following legal rights:
- Performance of a contract: We use your information to carry out the contract that you have with us and your Service Providers. We’ll use the information that you provide us when making a booking to conclude and process the reservations with the relevant third-party Service Providers.
- Consent: You may, through your action(s) of providing us your details, consent to us sending you marketing and promotional material. If you do kindly give us this consent, we’ll rely on this consent when contacting you. You can always withdraw your consent at any time by simply unsubscribing.
- Legitimate interest: We may use your information for our own legitimate interest, for example to provide you with the most relevant content on our site or to promote new services and for certain administrative and legal purposes. If you fail to complete a purchase, we may send you some follow-up emails to try and help you or seek your feedback or offer you alternative products related to your selection.
- Business transaction: We may use your data in connection with a business transaction such as the sale of a part or the whole of our business.
- To Comply with a legal obligation: We may share your personal data with regulatory authorities such as immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes and any other legitimate legal obligation as required.
- To protect your vital interests or those of another individual: We may share your information in the case of an emergency. For example, with insurance companies or medical personnel.
How We Protect Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your information is protected from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks. We’ll only retain your information for a reasonable period of time, or for so long as either you or the law allows.
Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may opt out of such communications by sending us an email.
For Residents of the European Union
Due to the nature of our business and the arrangements you have chosen, it may be necessary for your data to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may not be subject to the same level of data protection controls as within the EEA. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is handled securely.
When do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances we may share the information you provide to us with organizations outside of PG. The third parties who we might share your data with include:
- Service Providers: If you make a booking, we’ll have to share your booking data with the third parties, such as hoteliers, airlines, insurers and transfer providers, to complete your booking contract. The data shared may include your name and the names and ages of any guests travelling with you, any preferences or special requests you told us about when you made your booking and your contact details. If you contact us with a query about your booking, we may pass this on to our providers if they are needed to answer you.
- Third party support services: These includes anyone who provides support services or functions on our behalf, including payment card processing, business analytics, review agencies, advertising and customer support services. This may be to send you marketing material on our behalf or to collate information that can be analyzed to improve our service. They have access to and may collect information only as required to perform their agreed functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose.
- Payment Processors and other financial institutions: When you make a payment on your booking, we use a third-party payment processor to take your payment. If you request a chargeback on your booking, it may be necessary for us to share certain details with the payment processor and the relevant financial institution, so they can manage the chargeback. This may include a copy of your booking confirmation, financial details, and the IP address that was used to make your booking.
- Referring websites: If you were referred to our site via another webpage, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you about their products and services, which may include Google Analytics.
- Business Affiliates: We may share your data with our business affiliates with whom we offer relevant joint services. This may include other agencies and advertising networks. We do this in order to maximize the services that we provide you and so they may contact you directly about their relevant products and services that may interest you. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- Law enforcement authorities: We will disclose personal information insofar as it is required by law or where we believe it is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of potentially criminal acts, including for fraud, immigration, customs, security, or anti-terrorism purposes.
Please note that while we have procedures and security features to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, we don’t control the privacy practices of any of these third-parties or your Service Providers, and we would encourage you to review their own privacy policies where appropriate.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
- You may request a copy of the personal information we are keeping about you by submitting a request to us at the below address.
- You may ask that we correct any inaccuracies in the data, ask us to transfer it to another party, or provide it to you to transfer it to another party yourself.
- You can ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by sending a request to the below address or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of the emails that we send to you.
- You have the right to request that we delete all personal information that we hold about you. If there is no other reason beside you providing your consent for us to hold your data, we will delete it upon receiving your request.
If you are a California resident, we may not delete your personal information if one of the following exceptions exists:
- Information is necessary to complete the transaction;
- Information is necessary to detect security incidents;
- Information is necessary to protect against deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Information is necessary to identify and repair errors;
- Information is necessary to promote free speech;
- Information is necessary for scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest;
- Information is necessary for internal uses of the company if those uses are reasonably expected by consumers;
- Information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
- Information is used internally in a manner that is compatible with the context of the collection.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights please contact us at the email below writing ‘Data Subject Access Request’ in the subject line. We will deal with any requests we receive in accordance with the relevant Data Protection laws.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
What about data that is collected through a mobile device?
Mobile devices can be used to access our services, as well as versions of our regular website. These mobile sites work in a similar way to our main website. Sometimes we make use of something known as cross-device tracking, which allows us to track user behavior across different devices. We use this to improve the service that we provide you and for marketing activities, so advertisements shown to you on other websites may be offered based on your activities on linked devices.
How do we treat personal information of children?
You are only allowed to book through our site if you are over 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
Links to Other Websites
As part of our Service we may provide links to, or state compatibility with, other websites or applications. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those websites or the information or content contained therein.
(Last updated on May 13, 2020)